Get Fit and Healthy Using the Habit Stacking Method

September 30, 2021

 Work your way towards a healthier lifestyle, one new habit at a time!

Get Fit and Healthy Using the Habit Stacking Method. Pack your gym clothes with you so you can workout right after work or school.

We all have goals. And while those goals are going to be vastly different, varying from person to person, one thing will remain the same: To reach your goals, you must develop habits that will help you get there. If you’re actively working towards something, chances are good that you’ve already developed some habits. But, if we’re being honest, many of us admit that we still aren’t working to our full potential. I know I’m guilty of this, so I’m constantly searching for ways to do better and be better. This is how I came across habit stacking!

What is Habit Stacking?

Stack the habit of drinking water in the morning with taking a multivitamin!


Building a habit begins with making a choice. You have to make that choice every single day, and sometimes multiple times per day. Eventually, you won’t even have to think about it because it will just come naturally. What is a choice that comes naturally? A habit!

The habit stacking strategy moves beyond this. Once you’ve built one habit, you add a new behavior on top of that to build another. 

I’ll use myself as an example. I wanted to start drinking more water every day, so I built a habit of drinking a full glass as soon as I woke up. I’ll be honest, it was a pretty easy habit to build. I highly recommend trying it! Something I’ve always struggled with though is remembering to take my multivitamin. For whatever reason, I could never be consistent with it. That is until I came across habit stacking.

It occurred to me that I already drink a full glass of water in the morning, so why not stack the habit of taking my multivitamin at the same time? Every morning, I grab my vitamins before I fill my glass. Here I am a few months later, and I haven’t missed a day yet! It works, it really does!



You Might Also Like

0 comments